16 Dec 8 tips for more energy-Self Help Guide
Everyone would like to feel more energetic during the day. You naturally go through periods of higher activity which contrasts with times of relaxation. The problem occurs when more energy and concentration is required than we can give. Or when we try to sleep and can not. Follow these invaluable tips to a new you!
1) Stay on a regular sleep schedule. You can not stay up late during the week-end and suddenly on Monday morning wake up refreshed. If you do enjoy later nights on Friday and Saturday vow to get to bed early on Sunday to wake up rested.
2) Avoid the sugar and caffeine roller coaster. Eat some protein and foods with a bit of fat in the morning. The brain needs protein and the body does not store it. You do not have to eat very much- a piece of avocado, some low sugar and gluten free cereal or a handful of nuts will get you going instead of pure carbohydrates like toast.
3) Take a 5-10 minute power nap around lunch. Even if you just close your eyes and let your mind drift you will be refreshed for the afternoon. This is also effective anytime you feel yourself not concentrating, reading the same material over and over. Give in to the urge and completely relax for a few moments.
4) Drink more water and liquids. I know, everyone says to drink more fluids. The reason is that most people are in a constant state of dehydration from filling up on coffee, tea, and soft drinks with caffeine. This is very stressful to the kidneys and can cause irritation to the bladder. Keep a BPA free bottle filled with water with you at all times. Set a goal- empty by lunch, refill, empty again by the time work is over. Carry plenty of water in the car too for you and your family.
5) Exercise regularly. This is easier said than done with a busy schedule. A poor conditioning level causes you to be short-of-breath and your heart to race when just doing simple things like climbing a flight of steps or doing household chores. Park farther away when shopping and walk. Dust off that exercise machine or get to a park or the gym. Set an example for the rest of your family and maybe they will join in too!
6) A joke a day keeps the doctor away. Seriously, laughter has many beneficial effects on the body. The brain chemicals for experiencing pleasure, happiness, and peace increase with good hearty laughs. Live alone? Get a funny movie or watch a light-hearted comedy.
7) Avoid confrontations and situations with negative people. You know who they are. They are not going to change but they will bring you and your mood down. The complainers, gossipers, and generally unhappy souls that can drain our energy if we allow them. Be polite but avoid arguing or getting hooked into listening to their constant problems.
8) Get your spine adjusted. Did you know that your brain is like a power station and your spine is like a windmill. In other words the power to the brain is fuelled by the movement of your spine. Keeping your spine in tune and well moving has vast neurological benefits. Science has shown it and with an increasing body of research on these points soon it will be a well known fact.